Happy November, everyone.
I was laying in bed last night and thought, “I can’t believe we’re in a new month already.” Time really does fly. So, while some men are celebrating the 11th month of the year by growing super-cool ‘staches (I’ll stick to my moustache on a…well, stick), I thought I’d make this month a little special myself.
I’m dubbing it “Newvember.” I want to try at least one new/different thing each day this month. 30 days, 30 new things. Nothing too crazy. I’m still saving up for skydiving. Anyway, I’ll do my best to stick to it. (I quit that 31-Day Blog Challenge by Day 10.)
I’ve already started. At the moment I’m covered head to toe (literally — I stepped in it) in specks and splashes of paint. After 10 years of sleeping in lavender-shaded surroundings, I decided to re-paint my teenage bedroom. It’s coming along nicely. I’m doing quite well for a clumsy lefty.
Anyway, here are some of the things I’d like to do, in no particular order.
1. Paint bedroom.
2. Start (and complete) a DIY clothing project.
3. Spend a day at the local park.
4. Get a library card. ( I need to get back into reading, and I don’t have an e-book.)
5. Drink 2 liters of water a day. (Already started, aiming to do this all month.)
6. Cook dinner. (I’m not much of a cook, so this should be interesting.)
7. Redecorate bedroom.
8. Buy mom flowers. (I usually ever do this on birthdays and Mother’s Day.)
9. Go to the gym — and stick to it! ( I’m a bit lazy when it comes to exercise.)
10. Ride along with a police officer.
11. Send a handwritten letter to a friend abroad.
12. See a comedy show.
13. Start a new job!
14. Donate blood.
15. See a play.
Well, that’s half the month so far. I’ll have to think of what the next 15 things should be. Any suggestions?